Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2003 7:17:06 AM EDT
question for you ar gurus, black or blue insert for use with wolff extra power extractor spring?
the reason i ask is i have the wolff xtra power springs but i have the blue inserts,anybody tried them with the blue inserts.the rifle is a r.r.m4orgery with a-1 buffer tube if that makes any diff.
thanks,eric
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The only difference is color.  I believe Colt used the black ones to indicate a heavy duty extractor spring.  If you compare a black one to a blue one they have identicle size and they both squish the same amount.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The only difference is color.  I believe Colt used the black ones to indicate a heavy duty extractor spring.  If you compare a black one to a blue one they have identicle size and they both squish the same amount.
View Quote

absolutely right[:D] At least according to Colt.  Of course, there is a Colt parts distributor, who claims the black one is stiffer, but that was as part of a post in which he was also trashing this web site and its' members.

All I can tell you is that I've got Wolff springs and blue inserts in all five of my ARs, and I haven't had a malfunction yet[:D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys,that's what i wanted to hear.i'll put 'em to the torture test during the the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:42:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Whatever insert you have, just get a Wolffe extra power extractor spring and never give it another thought.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top