Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 11:26:38 AM EDT
I finally got the taper pins out of my front site, but only after scratching up the finish pretty good.  What's the easiest/cheapest way to touch it up?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Birchwood and casey Alumablack works great for me its kinda like a dye ....Comes in a little blue bottle and its clear liquid apply it with a q tip .... its not some of those crappy paints..... im more than pleased with it ...
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What you want is some cold blue.

AlumaBlack is for blackening aluminum.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#3]
In order of easy:
1) F^ck that, just go shoot.
2) Sharpy black magic marker
3) Rustoleum high temp black spraypaint. (exact match to my RRA)
4) Cold Blue

You asked for the easiest!

Pete
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Whats the best method for touching up scratches in the upper and lower receiver?  

Cold blue will only work on Steel correct?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Cold Blue works surprisingly well touching up parkerized finishs.  If you reinstall new pins and touch up with cold blue it will probably look like new.

Quoted:
I finally got the taper pins out of my front site, but only after scratching up the finish pretty good.  What's the easiest/cheapest way to touch it up?
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top