Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2003 12:40:36 PM EDT

I think I want to build an AR using an Eagle lower (because I've never had one). I wasn't fast enough to get in on the Quantico Arms $95 lowers before they sold out. Does anybody else have Eagle for a good price?

And btw, since I've never used an Eagle lower before, how do they compare in quality with Bushmaster, RRA, etc? I know the older ones were great--are they still as good?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quantico Arms still has them (or at least the web site says that they still have them in stock), and they are only $100.  With shipping it should come to around $107 (plus FFL fees).

I got an Eagle Arms lower from a guy here in town, and have no complaints with it at all!!!  I compared it to my Bushmaster and there is hardly any difference between the two.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Eagles are great lowers, I've got several...including 2 consecutively numbered I got from Quantico Arms.  He gets them in from time to time, but at that price, it doesn't take long to sell out...so you might want to give them an email about when they'll get some more.  

The only other option is to snag one of the Mega lowers, for $89 shipped...that's a great price on what I hear is a very good lower.  I really like the Mega logo, and I'll grab one some day...but I think my next lower will be the new Cav Arms when it finally comes out.  

ADDED: I just popped over to their site...looks like they have them now, 'cos it didn't say out of stock on the "add to cart" button.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]

I talked to Quantico on Friday. They're out of the stripped lowers--understandable at that price--but still have complete lowers with parts and stock, which isn't what I'm looking for since I have everything but the lower. They had no idea when they would get more, so if anyone knows of anyone else who has Eagle stripped lowers, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought an Eagle Arms lower from Quantico Arms about 1 yr ago.  Excellent lower, and my RRA upper is a perfect fit. I recommend that lower, but I'm sorry I don't know where to get them for that price anymore.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I got mine at Camp Perry for a hundred.  Try looking around gunbroker.com for a cheaper price, but you still have the shipping and FFL fees.
Chris
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, believe it or not, I just got an email from them saying they'll have a batch in tomorrow...so my advice is jump on 'em!  (I had emailed them quite a while back about this giving me a shout when they got more in...so who's your buddy hehehe).  
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks, Fenian.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top