Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 2:31:49 PM EDT
As I posted earlier, my Model 1 lightweight upper was defective...my first range session didn't go too well, as the action wouldn't cycle or eject the spent shell casing.  After looking/playing with it, everyone who saw it that night figured the gas block was messed up.  

I called Model 1 the next day, and they said to send it back, they'd take a look at it.  They also said they'd reimburse me for the shipping, which was $13.50 w/ insurance.  

The guy was polite, but I could detect a whisper of disbelief in his tone...but he said they'd certainly stand behind their product, to go ahead and send it in.  

I sent it by mistake to their P.O. box, and the USPS tried to deliver it last Monday...to no avail. After a couple of calls to Model 1, I gave them the tracking number, and they snagged it the next day, thursday.  

I called them this past friday, and the woman said it was fixed and on it's way back to me...it was indeed a gas block with no gas hole (wouldn't that be a paperweight lol).  She gave me the tracking number, which showed it scheduled for delivery today.  

I got the package...they had included a free 5 round mag and a sling...nice gestures.  I have to call them/fax them the receipt for my return shipping.  

So far so good, they certainly stepped up to the plate and took care of the problem, and were always curteous.  

I'm headed to the range tomorrow or Thursday to shoot it again, so I'll let everyone know the results.  

EDIT:

Took it to the range tonight, it ran flawlessly, what a difference a gas hole makes hehe.  I got about 50 rounds through it, 5 shot groups.  Using a 10moa dot sight, which obscured copious amounts of the target, it was shooting around an inch, inch and a quarter at 25 yards...but the groups were very consistent, I saw absolutely no evidence of the POI wandering as the barrel got hot.  

If it's not life threateningly hot and humid out this weekend, I'll take it to the range with a scope and some good ammo, and see what it will do.  

The light weight  and 16" barrel makes for a very nice handling rifle...it really doesn't weigh much more than an electric Airsoft rifle.  I didnt' sense any more recoil or muzzle rise than any of my other 16" guns, so all in all, this is a very fun AR to shoot.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope it works out.  Sounds like they're really trying to make things right.  I'm impressed by their handling of the issue.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like they've remedied the problem in good time Fenian. Hopefully it works as good as it sounds. I just received my Model 1 Lightweight CAR kit on Monday and so far it seems very nice. The few times I spoke to them on the phone and viz email, they seemed nice enough. It's good to hear that they seem to stick behind their product with little question. Plus offering to pay for return shipping and throwing in a couple freebies makes them ok in my book (as long as it does actually work now). [;)] Good luck!
J
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
forgot to add the 5 round mag didn't work...wouldn't load the rounds; I didn't take any time to mess with it, but it looks like a bust.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
My Model One 16"Hbar had a FCG group that was just plain bad.  Bought replacement at American Spirit(local) but I complained to Model One anf they sent me a carry handle scope mount (Ultralux) for my troubles.  
Not decided if I'll use them again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My Model One 16"Hbar had a FCG group that was just plain bad.  Bought replacement at American Spirit(local) but I complained to Model One anf they sent me a carry handle scope mount (Ultralux) for my troubles.  
Not decided if I'll use them again.
View Quote

The trigger in this kit was pretty stiff..I just clipped off the right leg of the hammer spring, then bent the 2 prongs on the trigger spring up a la the 15 minute trigger job....works great now.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
good to hear it went good.  I still havent test fired my model one build.  does your selector click when you flip it or is it kind of quiet?  mine doesn't give that familiar click from the detents like my issue m16 and bushmaster do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
The safeties on both my Model 1 kits are fine..they both click like they should.  No gritty feel, everything seems fine.  

Like I say, the only trouble I've had from my 2 kits is the charging handle in the 1st one.  The CH in the second kit was fine, so I guess the first one was just a fluke.  

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top