Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2003 11:47:44 AM EDT
Can someone walk me through the procedure?

I have an A2 Colt upper with a flash hidder. I believe it's the cage type, not the three prong.

I want to remove it and put on the Cav Arms Compensator to make it post legal.

I put a wrench to the flash hider and it didn't budge, so I want to verfiy the process, so I don't screw something up.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to apply a little heat.  Colt did use locktite on certain models.  Your going to need to pin or silver solder that brake on.  Do a search and you should have all the info needed.

~P
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing. Clamp your barrel (not the upper) in a vise. Use a barrel tool or appropriate sized wrench and unscrew the flash hider. Some are real stubborn but they will come off.

Just screw on the CavComp until it is lined up right and insert the pin in the hole. You will have to solder over the hole to make it legal on a postban. (but then again who is gonna check?)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top