Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 2:31:43 PM EDT
Ladies and Gents:
I'm building an upper.  In assembling the rear sight, I noticed that the diagram shows a rear sight elevation spring.  My kit doesn't have the spring.  What's surprising is that the rear sight on my Bushmaster A-2 factory upper doesn't have the spring either!  The sights seem to work OK without the spring in place.  Can anyone tell me if they stopped using it?  Also, if you'll check your uppers next time you have the bolt carrier out, I wonder if others' ARs are also sans spring?TIA
VR
Vinny D
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I suppose the elevation index detent pushes the sight in the right direction but there really should be an elevation spring in there.  If I were you I'd pick some up and install them.  They are cheap.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top