Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 4:44:24 PM EDT
has anyone ran into troubles with the stamped caliber mark for (multi calibers) instead of the usual .223 on the lower?
im going to pick mine up tommarrow and my local FFL said that was stamped on them. hoping connecticut isnt to fussy about it on the paper work.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Well if you are worried that it's stamped .223/5.56 you shouldn't.  They are the same caliber. (Yes Yes Yes I know the difference in the two, the lead is longer in the 5.56 Nato than the .223 Remington but the bullet size is the same.)  One is in the Imperial (inches) the other in Metric (milimeter).

If you FFL can't figure that out or Conn. laws are to anal...Move to a gun friendly state!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the guys that works at my FFL tried telling me that a lower stamped 5.56 was illegal!  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#3]
it suppose to just say
MULTI CALIBER
no .233 or anything else. from what he told me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#4]
This might help.  I found them, you can look them up.

This is a bout [url=http://www.cga.state.ct.us/2001/pub/Chap943.htm]"Assault Weapons"[/url].  This one is about [url=http://www.cga.state.ct.us/2001/pub/Title29.htm]Public Safety[/url].

Like I said...Move to a gun friendly state!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#5]
If the gun is listed in CGS 53-202a, it cannot be transfered.  If it isn't, it can be.

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
just want to report i picked them up.
2 thumbs up from just looking at them.
but i wont be building them for awile because im buying a S.I.R upper from bushmaster to match the bushmaster lower with skeleton stock i just ordered.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top