Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 6:49:13 PM EDT
Finally got it all together, only took about an hour.  Everything fit nice and tight and the rest of the kit matches my lower perfectly.  The instructions for assembling the lower found here were indispensable.  One part was missing from the lower parts kit (the bolt catch plunger) but an e-mail to M&A got it to me in 2 business days.  Great people to deal with and their service was great when I called for the missing plunger, no questions asked.  Hopefully hit the firing line this week......ohh baby!  Thanks for all y'alls help
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope you have fun. I gotta do another one myself.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's two pics, the kit & lower....
and the completed rifle

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/5c33f42d/bc/My+Photos/parts.jpg?bc56QA_AmKUYaLT.[/img]

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/5c33f42d/bc/My+Photos/completed.jpg?bc56QA_Av9N6lCAt[/img]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I am really pleased with my M&A Parts kit. Worked beautifully with my EA lower. I have suspicions that the uppers/kits that M&A sells are in fact RRA's sourced.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
let's try the pics again....

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p2aca6fa7e71c048329e59ccc385773d9/fbc69e28.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p8f9a04aa23446364244f772ebe255ef0/fbc6940c.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking rifle, I have found M&A great to deal with when I need parts.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#6]
i see you went with the mid length too.  i got an RRA on mine im really happy with the midlength, i was going to get a dissy but price was a little too high.  i always thought the car guards made it look funny with all that barrel sticking out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got back from the firing line about 20 minutes ago.  This AR is a great shooter, now I see what all the fuss is!  Only shot 60 rounds due to the New Mexico sun making my baby too hot to handle.  No stoppages at all, with the exception of the very first round not chambering all the way.  This was caused by me riding the charging handle forward heh, heh.  This rifle is far more accurate than I can handle, tightest 3 shot group was just under 2 inches (100yds) center to center which was my fault, as I was a bit jittery today anyways.  Luck?  Probably, but I was consistently hitting the orange gongs at 250 yds also.  What a great rifle!!  My only mags were a couple 30 rd Ramlines, which I had for my Mini 14.  They didn't give me any problems at all, but now I want some real mags just because my baby deserves better.  I also thought the mid length handguard looks better than the standard CAR length.  How can I keep the stock black?  The hot sun seems to have "dried up" the CLP I slathered on, now it's blotchy gray again.  Thanks for all the advice and information, now I need to figure out ways to divert more funds to keep the "AR Bug" at bay.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice Rifle and thanks for the report!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Bet you can't stop at one!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I just built a rifle with M&A's E2 kit on a Mega upper. beautifull rifle. Only complaint is the stock is rather rough. Lots of circular sanding marks on it and it will not turn black with clp or armor all. Thinking of painting it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know if these stocks are painted?  I was wondering how some Kiwi black shoe polish would work.  Good or bad idea?  Sanding it is a possibility or maybe just painting it with some flat black (any recommendations on paint?).  Everything looks cherry except for the stock when the sun baked it dry.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top