Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 12:21:47 PM EDT
ok..i just finished my ar...eveything went smooth...my bolt and carrier was on b/o...now i think im finished...but i missed one more thing...out of all my part kits...mode l sales and delton.. i never recieved a  sight pin blade to thread in......theres not a front sight in my town anywhere...any ideas. anybody ever make a front blade...if not what type of threads in the front sight assembly...thanks mike.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i never recieved a  sight pin blade to thread in......
View Quote

If you mean the actual front sight post, that should have been supplied by the vendor you got the barrel from. Also, there is a spring and a detent that hold the post in place.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont know if im calling it the right name or not...model 1 sales 20"bull barrell...has the triangle forged post that i put my gas tube and roll pin in...but i recieved no front sight when i look throuh the two adj. rear peep holes i see right throuh the 2 ears of the base...nothing in the middle...2 threaded holes though...cant find my sight ...it wasnt shipped...mike.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i dont know if im calling it the right name or not...model 1 sales 20"bull barrell...has the triangle forged post that i put my gas tube and roll pin in...
View Quote

That "triangle forged post" is called a [b]Front Sight Base[/b].

but i recieved no front sight when i look throuh the two adj. rear peep holes i see right throuh the 2 ears of the base...nothing in the middle...2 threaded holes though...cant find my sight ...it wasnt shipped...mike.
View Quote

Follow notack's instructions and tell the vendor to send you a front sight post, spring, and detent.  If you can't wait, pick them up at a gun show - they're cheap.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
thats what im gonna do....thanks mike.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top