Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 2:42:48 PM EDT
I got the email notification that Bushmaster just shipped out my completed upper receiver/barrel assembly (got that sucker out of the door within 2 days, I'm impressed), cleaning kit, and some other small parts.

Unfortounately to a slight error on that of the person who took my order the package will arrive next Tuesday (maybe, because UPS Ground delivery dates are not guaranteed) instead of this Friday (as ordered)[>Q]... but, hey, I'm still waiting for my Kalispel case, and my 1,000 rounds of Q3131a ships tomorrow.. Can't shoot a gun without bullets, eh?

I'm getting pretty excited, my first firearm!

I know it isn't a "real" AR15, but I wanted to stay legal in Kalifornia..

Specs:
FAB-10 lower receiver with integrated 10-round, fixed magazine
Bushmaster "A3 flat-top" receiver with 20" pre-ban barrel with A2 flash hider and removeable handle
Standard A2 buttstock
Standard trigger
GI Silent Sling
Standard grips

It isnt beefed up like some of those sexy M4 rigs I've seen around here, but it's mine.. Future paychecks will go into accessories.

IT, as of 5-22-03

I'll be sure to post more pictures once I get all the parts together, and action shots when I get it to the range, probably on the 14th

Ahh, it feels good to finally own one after sulking around this forum for a few months
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
how does it work to load that integrated 10rd mag?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You push out the takedown pin, pivot the upper forward, use a stripper clip and guide to insert the 10 rounds, pivot back the upper, push in the takedown pin. It's supposed to be rather quick - Reload within 25 seconds.

I've been told that it takes one guy who owns the same thing about 45 seconds, but he loads individually.[>:/]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
dosnt sound like the AR way, sorry bout your state.  move to michigan, we can always let one more in!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the invitation, but I like this state, regardless of how screwed up our gun laws are at the moment (however future legislation may change my mind).. Though that does get my blood pressure waaaay up sometimes.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top