Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 11:00:53 AM EDT
Well boys you tell me.  Never built one before but what I want is a dedicated .22 upper to match my DCM firestick.  Is it too ambitious for the novice?  I am considering ordering a one of the quality uppers out there. Sure sounds like good entertainment to put one together.  My primary concerns are the free float tube and the placement of the feed ramp of the .22 barrel.

S/F
Pinto
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless your putting your rifle on a diet (low budget for ammo) or the rifle is a M-16, the 22lr upper are a bit disappointing.  For what you spend on an upper, you can go out and buy a Ruger 10/22, and will suit your needs a lot better.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Right you are, probably 3 10/22s, but she is going on a diet and the volume of fire should help pay for itself.  Between not having to drive to the range and practicing with the same platform I'm going to compete with I still think its worthy--Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Any other inputs? Moderators? Bueler? Anyone?
What are the legalities of building uppers for sale? No FFL but they are just barrel assemblies, yes?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top