Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 10:55:40 AM EDT
is the jewell trigger install something you can do your self or should it be something done by a pro? i am trying to decide between this one and the rockriver arms one, everything i read on this site says the jewell is the one to go with. but if installation is a pain in the ass i am going to go with the RRA.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The John Hollinger tuned RRA 2 stage trigger is the variant that is getting universal rave reviews. The RRA out of the box trigger has been MOSTLY reviewed favorably on this board; however, there have been one or two that bitched about it. The Jewell (I've installed three so far) has worked well for me (especially after starting with the POS Bushmaster/CLE two stage trigger). On AR15.com was a thorough description of how to do it that walked me through the entire installation perfectly. Do a search.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
is the jewell trigger install something you can do your self or should it be something done by a pro?
View Quote

It's a piece of corn.  Just follow the instructions that come with it.  Don't force anything and get some dummy pins to set it up on before puttong the real pins in.  I have a set of trigger pins that I chucked in a drill and sanded down until they were easy in, easy out and set it up on these first.  I heard some said they just use 16 penny nails.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top