Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2002 5:54:47 PM EDT
I just got finished with my 2 hour excursion into AR assembly with a JT 20" kit. I have 2 extra parts I cannot find a place for. It is the long skinny spring like the takedown and pivot detent spring, and a pin again like the takedown and pivot one. Does JT give an extra one of these? I have torn down and reassemblked the rifle twice looking for places for them to go and cannot find one. Help!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How about the selector and selector detent pin that install through the area above the pistol grip?

They might just be extras. I've bought parts kits that had extra parts before and unfortunately bought kits that were missing parts.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Checked that too. Works like a dream. As if I weren't worried enough about building it myself,now I have extra parts like Greg Brady did when he redid his car. :)
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
They're extras. It's really nice, since I lost my pivot pin detent my first build. I like these people!
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
My kit had the same extra parts.  Sometimes a detent spring needs a little trimming, and it is possible to screw up and cut too short.  Nice to have a spare.  On the other hand, these are tiny parts, easy for them to evaporate.  Nice that J&T tossed in a few extra.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Seen a post a while back about the same thing and J&T posted a reply that they include and extra detent and spring incase one shoots out and gets lost.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]
They gave me the same extras when I built one earlier this year.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
That's correct, we have been including an extra takedown det. & spring in our lower kits.  These are the items that are most likely to disapear during the building process.  

Jesse
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Way to GO Jess. (I know the other one is around here somewhere)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Ditto!

J&T gave me extra as well.  I guess they figure not everyone reads AR15 before building and would not want to be bothered with such little orders and customer dissatisfaction so it's good customer service and good business.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top