Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2002 5:48:10 PM EDT
which brand would be your choice and why?

1. Armalite $133 'stripped'
2. Bushmaster $160 complete
3. Rock River Arms $95 complete!!!!

Are there any differences between the three? Or is this the case of brand name markup?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like you are getting straight retail pricing on the Armalite and Bushmaster, but the RRA price you have is well below retail.

The quality is really good on any of these uppers, if it were my money, I'd go with the RRA.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Those prices were from Bushmaster's and Armalite's websites.

RRA was from Pete-in-NH.

I was originally going to get a RRA upper. But that's before I read stories about people having problems with RRA 'flat top' uppers. I think they are out of spec or something like that.

Cheers
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Those would be their "older" uppers, but you shouldn't run into a problem like that with their new ones.  However, you really can't go wrong with any of those brands.

I'm a relatively new RRA dealer (joined their dealer program about 6 months ago), but I can tell you that I've had customers buy the RRA uppers and mounted them onto Bushmaster, Armalite and even an Oly Arms lower without any problems with fit or function.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, ArmyInf.

So, do you have any uppers from Armalite, Busmaster, and RRA?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, yes.  But in all honesty, if the upper's complete I can't match Pete's pricing on the RRA.  I only sell the complete barreled uppers from Bushmaster and Armalite, but would be happy to shoot you some pricing, if you'd be interested.

Although I haven't dealt with him directly, from what I've read and based on his posts, Pete seems to be very customer oriented and excellent to deal with.  I hate to loose or turn away any business, but if I ever do I always do my best to recommend people with good reputations and Pete fits that bill.

Good luck and happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, after couple days of reading, I'm more interested in Bushmaster or Armalite upper. I am building a 14.5 M4 flat top-with BM chrome lined only.

I am interested in either stripped or complete upper from either one of the above. But, please feel free to give me prices on whatever you have.

I apreciate your honesty.

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Go with the RRA complete upper in a 16" or 20"
BBL length. It should cost you about $380 to
$440, and they come with the bolt and carrier.
I have a 20" flattop with a removable front sight. Shoots almost as good as my .223 bolt guns i have. Everything lines up properly and i have had no problem with the flattop being out of spec.

If you do want an armalite, get it ordered now and you'll have it sometime in February.   I talked to them a week ago and they said they will have uppers and lowers available sometime in February.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I going to do a little more search on RRA uppers to see whether or not they are mil spec like BM. But so far I think BM is the only company that does everything per military spec.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top