Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 8:05:00 AM EDT
Here's what I have now:
Eagle Arms pre ban lower with collapsable stock
Bushmaster 16 inch upper using EA bolt carrier
The upper is a flat top
GG&G flip up rear sight
Knight's armorment four sided weaver handguard
EOTech holosight on flat top in front of rear sight.

OK, here's the problem.  The EOTech seems uncomfortable for me to get a cheek weld low enough to see through it.  It needs to be higher so I don't have to crane my neck.  On the other hand, it is the perfect height to "co witness" the iron sights.  They fall in the middle of the EoTech image.

What sort of flat top raising rail do I need to raise the EOTech sight to make it comfortable to look through for me?  Especially while keeping the co witness iron sights -- now they would be in the very bottom of the EOtech's image I presume.  Or, is cowitnessing worth it in the first place?  Then what should I get?  I'm looking for brand and model number.  These things can run up to a hundred bucks, I was shocked.  So I need to find the right one the first t ime.  Of course, no local gunsmiths with  this sort of inventory.  Thanks in advance to anyone with ideas.  Those of you who have EOTechs or similar mounted directly to the flattop, do you find them too low to be comfortable?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top