Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2002 4:17:59 AM EDT
The disconnect spring is identified as having a larger coil at the base.  I find that this large coil will not fit into the hole in the trigger.  (I suppose I could force it in but I am adverse to forcing anything)  (J&T Kit)  There is a straight spring that fits very well in the trigger and functions perfectly.  The disconnector traps the spring so it cannot dislodge.  

Am I using the wrong spring?  Does it make a difference?  Is there a method for inserting this coil into the trigger?  I find none of the guides covers this (most just refer to the M16 drawings and the trigger is quite different there).  Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:36:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The disconector spring is wider on one end than the other and the wide end faces down towards the trigger. check out this on trigger assemblyold.ar15.com/docs/assembly/lower/#trigger
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Not much help.  The J&T trigger has a slot milled for the disconnector and a hole milled for the spring.  The hole is just bid enough for the small end of the spring to fit in with clearence.  I fear forcing the large end into the hole will distort the spring and cause problems.  The illustration you attached shows a trigger constructed some what differently.  Maybe someone who has assembled a rifle using J&T parts can help?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine was like the diagram. I have seen posts from JT on this forum. Perhaps he will read this one or maybe post it with JT in the title.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The disconnect spring is tapered, you will have to force it in to the trigger, wide side down.
Look closely at the recess in the trigger and you will see. All it takes is a fingernail.                
Lebrew
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Grab the top 2 coils with some needle-nosed pliers and twist it clockwise while pushing the spring down into the well in the trigger.  It will twist right into place.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top