AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2002 12:08:34 PM EDT
Has anyone any experience with this?

Thx
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
yes what do u want to know??

it was kind of heavy. i got rid of it long ago.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The std forend on my AR gets pretty hot and I was looking for something to help insulate my hand from the heat.  The Hogue unit looked like it would do the trick and it looked cool too.  Heavy, eh?  Hmmmmm.  I'll have to ponder on that.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]
it did a good job of shielding the heat. if it was hot out and i was doing alot of shooting, the rubber got alittle softer, but didn't move.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
How heavy as compared to say the DPMS or JP vented models or the FIRSH?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The Hogue I had was on a HBAR 16", and it didn't help on being lighter. I changed to a m4 type barrel and put a DPMS vented tube on. I liked the tube, but I still wanted something lighter. I went to a KA Grip.www.impactguns.com/store/product585.html It is supposed to be as light or lighter than the stock plastic/fiberglass grips. Plus it gives the gun an unique look. The DPMS would be an excellent choice, in fact I will be putting it on my next upper.

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#6]
stingerjg
Thanks.  I have been deciding whether to put a DPMS or JP vented tube on my RRA A4.  The rifle is intended for IPSC 3-gun.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#7]
thats what i use mine for. Isn't the DPMS cheaper than the JP?  they both make a good prod.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#8]
the DPMS is cheaper than JP.  its the one i plan on going with.  You mentioned the KA grips before.  How do those tubes handle heat?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top