Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2002 12:58:26 PM EDT
Can anybody recommend a brand of inexpensive torque wrench and where I might be able to buy it.  Seems like a lot of gun related repairs (ar15 included) require one that measure in in/lbs.  Went to sears but they wanted $60 for the only one that measured in/lbs.  It was nice, the ratchet type but given the amount of use I actually need it it was more that I hoped to pay.  thanx.

GL
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just about any auto parts store will have an inexpensive bar-type torque wrench as well.  These are actually more accurate than the slip-ratchet type.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi. The bar type should be the best and least expensive. If you get the ratchet click type, remember to back it down to zero when you get finished using it. Leaving it set for long periods is rumored to be bad for that type. Good luck with whichever you choose.
MM419
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I just seen a nice cheap one at AutoZone parts stores($25)...I plan on going back and getting one.
They also had a 1 1/8 in wrench I nned for a FAL build I am doing.
Bill
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top