Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2002 5:38:28 PM EDT
I bought a pre-ban with the A2 Birdcage a while back, and while cleaning it the other day noticed I could unscrew the FS wiht my hand. Far as I know that's not right, how do I fix it?

Thanks!
mrf2
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
PRoperly? get a combo wrench. Torque to the proper specs. Improperly? stick a screwdriver between the slots and turn until tight again. Note: if you use the screwdriver trick, you do so at your own risk.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you have a peel washer or crush washer before to tighten it. I bought a preban upper the same way and it didn't have the washer. I recommend the crush washer.

SRT205
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#3]
It has a silver washer between the sholder on the barrel and the FH, I assume this is the crush washer. Only thing is, the FH is lined up properly when it's hand tight, if I tighten it more the top slot will be out of alightment. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for the help so far!
mrf2
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 2:37:15 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a peel washer. Get a new one, so that when you tighten the FH it will line up. Someone in here will have a peel washer or crush washer. You can order eiher one from Rock River Arms (www.rockriverarms.com). They are 2.00ea plus S/H.

SRT205
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 2:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
uh unscrew turn the opist way about the amount or misalinment and try a gin
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:00:02 AM EDT
[#6]
just leave it hand tight.
it does not hurt anything.
you can snug it up it with a crescent wrench.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top