Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2012 4:21:59 PM EDT
I have a JP trigger which is pretty nice but I can detect some creep and it looks like a lot is from the trigger pin. I can see it visually moving as I pull the trigger. Do they make trigger pins that have a tighter fit than the standard 0.154 you can buy at midway? Any other ideas to solve this? I don't want to tighten the engagement screw on the JP anymore because I did have it tighter before but the sear was not catching 100%.

Link Posted: 4/15/2012 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
JP also sells over sized anti-walk pins http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPAW-1 I installed these on my build. They are very nice with a small amount of fitting there is ZERO play in the trigger and hammer parts.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
JP also sells over sized anti-walk pins http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPAW-1 I installed these on my build. They are very nice with a small amount of fitting there is ZERO play in the trigger and hammer parts.

+1 on the above.  Their oversize pins work great.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I should have remembered they had those.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
This has got to be a first
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A 1st for what?
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 1st for what?

Probably mocking me for thinking my pins are contributing to creep.

Who knows, maybe somethings wrong with my current pins/lower.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Rock River ships "oversize" pins with its RRNM trigger sets . Some time you will need to buff them a bit to install them , I believe they are available through any Rock River dealer
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 1st for what?

Probably mocking me for thinking my pins are contributing to creep.

Who knows, maybe somethings wrong with my current pins/lower.

458 never actually contributes to threads. He just posts crap like this. There may be 1 or 2 useful or helpful posts in his 4900 posts. But I've never seen one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
i just installed a Timmney 3# trigger for a 6.8 build and it has two set screws that applies upward force on the trigger group which tightens the pins. I am not sure if the JP trigger is a similar design or not.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top