Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2007 12:41:42 PM EDT
so I built a 20" upper without enuf research 'cause I ordered the 20" heavy barrel that seems to be WAY too common among the parts suppliers, why in gods good name to they make and sell this thing? I thought the concept of the AR was a LIGHT battle rifle?

is there any realistic pro's to the heavy barrel vs the gov't profile?  I know they say better accuracy under sustained fire, but i'm not at knob creek and my ar's dont have giggle switches.

whats the weight gain of the standard 1 in 9 heavy barrel over the govt? and has anyone had any experience with send their HBAR's out to be lathe'd down to gov't profile?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
damn, now I'll just have to build another AR with the bushmaster govt barrel
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Send the barrel to www.ar15barrels.com and have it fluted or profile changed...
Or sell it on EE.
My 2¢
ATB
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is what I ended up doing, best of both... Then HBAR's are damn heavy you will like the Gov profile.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top