Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:50:07 PM EDT
I am new to the AR scene and also new to this forum I must say this looks like an excellent forum. My question is I cannot afford to buy a colt or bushmaster AR so I will build one. A friend suggested model 1 parts. Any input on their quality? I understand that my AR will have no resale value as compared to factory AR's so it will be a range/fun rifle for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
try checking out cmmg in the industry forum and visiting their website. as long as your not stuck on building a colt or a bushmaster. They carry DPMS and i have nothing but good things to say about there products. Check them out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
even a Rock River lower is cheaper than a bushie. If you just want a shooter, get one of the lower priced lowers (Mega, Stinger, Stag, etc) and save yourself some more money.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No I am not stuck on those brands because like I said I am very limited on funds in fact I was thinking about just ordering uppers, lowers etc as I could afford to. Thank you I will check that out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Mega? Stinger? Stag are these other manufacturers of lowers?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok I feel stupid I found them in the industry section thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mega? Stinger? Stag are these other manufacturers of lowers?

Yes.  Do some reading in here and AR discussions.

Model 1 sales is fine for buiding your first AR.  Many many people here use M1S "kits" which is everything you need, then just find a good cheap lower from a dealer here, and find a local FFL near you to transfer it for you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow thanks for the quick replies that was fast It will take me a while but I will let you all know how my project turns out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
test
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top