Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2011 7:51:31 AM EDT
I am one the edge of starting my first build and could use a little advice.  I got in on the PSA group buy and got a pair of lowers.  They came in yesterday and I am super happy, what a deal.  I am looking to put together a 24" prairie dog blaster.  I am new to the AR-15 and at this point not sure I want to put much money in buying tools so I have been looking at 24" varmint kits.  I had been thinking of getting a model1sales 24" stainless kit, but I read some posts about issues with model1 parts, customer service and some sort of credit card scam.  Suffice to say I'm not real interested in dealing with any of that.  I have a pal who did a model1 build 4 or so years ago and was happy with it hence my initial interest in their kits.  I'm fairly budget conscious, but don't want to sacrifice accuracy.  Does anyone have a preferred kit provider that might offer what I'm looking for?  I had also considered getting a PSA lower build kit and an assembled upper.  Any recommendations on an assembled 24" SS bull upper at a reasonable price?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I am one the edge of starting my first build and could use a little advice. I got in on the PSA group buy and got a pair of lowers. They came in yesterday and I am super happy, what a deal. I am looking to put together a 24" prairie dog blaster. I am new to the AR-15 and at this point not sure I want to put much money in buying tools so I have been looking at 24" varmint kits. I had been thinking of getting a model1sales 24" stainless kit, but I read some posts about issues with model1 parts, customer service and some sort of credit card scam. Suffice to say I'm not real interested in dealing with any of that. I have a pal who did a model1 build 4 or so years ago and was happy with it hence my initial interest in their kits. I'm fairly budget conscious, but don't want to sacrifice accuracy. Does anyone have a preferred kit provider that might offer what I'm looking for? I had also considered getting a PSA lower build kit and an assembled upper. Any recommendations on an assembled 24" SS bull upper at a reasonable price? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have been happy with my 26" White Oak Arms. Price was reasonable as was turn around time.

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/complete_uppers.htm
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Jt distributing site sponsor above
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone done business with kb-mfg?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top