Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:13:50 AM EDT
Ok, I feel silly for asking, but I need some help. No matter how I install this flash hider, the closed port always ends up facing the right side of the my rifle. Is there some trick to getting it to line up?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you using a peel or crush washer?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The crush washer that came with it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
How hard are you cranking on it?

At first it's hard to turn but once the washer starts to crush it goes  a bit better. A set of barrel vise jaws helps. Just crank it till it times.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, so once I get it tight I'll still have to turn it 3/4 of a turn? I guess I didn't realize that, thanks alot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#6]
tighten and loosen a few times with each tighten going a little further, it helps the crushwasher "give" a little smoother
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok thanks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top