Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:50:34 PM EDT
I have got my old site, gas tube, and forearm off, but I can't get the barrel nut to break loose here
Thanks,
Mack
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
it would make life much easier to get one and save you from damaging your upper reciever.

i use the one offered by bushmaster but there are others that work just as well. after building a few uppers i have found that the blocks with the bolt carrier inserts would probably work best or just leave the carrier in the upper while in the block
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
More than likely, you will need an action block.  Is it possible to do it without...yes, but do it right the first time or you will be doing it again.  I got my action block from Bravo Company.  I am not sure what the actual manufacturer is, but it has worked fine for two builds.

Brian
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
It's 38 dollars and will be money well spent.

Quoted:
I have got my old site, gas tube, and forearm off, but I can't get the barrel nut to break loose here
Thanks,
Mack

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a block from Bravo company that I am very happy with. They are good people(awesome actually, look for Tweaks thread.. they donated a bunch of tools to a equip an armorer in Iraq), and I got my shipment in 2-3 days from WI.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top