Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 2:16:11 PM EDT
I wanted to see if my current light set up will clear a MAWL

I dont have my MAWL yet its on order, going to rent one for a class next month and wanted to be sure everything fits now before the class

Upper has a URX 3.1 10.75 Rail
Modlite PLHv2-18350 Light
Arisaka Defense Inline Scout Mount Picatinny mounted to the rail section on the urx3.1

not sure if it will all work or if i need a different mount seems like it might be tight

thanks

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a picture of your current setup? I'm kinda experiencing the same conundrum as I have a mawl coming in at the end of the month and am curious about mounting options for lights.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Untitled by , on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the size of the mount might be an issue. With that bolt on top, it might impact the MAWL. I keep going back and forth between using a 600 body or a 640 body.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the mount you have? https://arisakadefense.com/inline-scout-mount-picatinny/ just picked up a MAWL myself and ordered this since my offset would not work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the mount you have? https://arisakadefense.com/inline-scout-mount-picatinny/ just picked up a MAWL myself and ordered this since my offset would not work.
View Quote

It is pictured with the MAWL, so i guess it should work depending on the rail dimensions. I happen to be putting this on a MRP upper so I guess this is a good option to have.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, yes it will.

You will use the lower of the mounting holes for the scout, but it works.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, yes it will.

You will use the lower of the mounting holes for the scout, but it works.
View Quote

Wasn't really worried about the body of the light, but more about the mounting bolt and how high up it sticks
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wasn't really worried about the body of the light, but more about the mounting bolt and how high up it sticks
View Quote

In the orignal photo it looks like that bolt might be mounted upside down.

Here is the photo of the Arisaka sight

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly, I think it's better to put the light on the left side anyway. It balances things out better.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Disregard. MLOK instead of pic rail.

Can’t you just reverse it so the bolt points down?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top