Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2018 4:29:14 PM EDT
I want to put a white light on my AR and am considering going with a custom 300 series scout light as opposed to just buying the regular Surefire 300 scout light. It would be the arisaka 300 series body with an SF remote switch end and probably the Malkoff E1T head.

It looks like the current Surefire scout light is putting out 500 lumens, is the Malkoff head still comparable? Are there are any other options that people recommend?

I plan on getting an inline mount so the main advantage to going with this setup over the stock surefire is that the arisaka body will allow for more clearance with the front sight. If anyone has experience putting one of these together or any recommendations they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Arisaka 600 so I don’t have direct experience but I can tell you Those light are underrated in both lumens and runtime from my experience and from what other say too.

My 600 is just about as bright as my 900 lumen olight warrior.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Its a narrower bluer beam on the Arisaka. Its 300 lumens. The Surefire has a smoother beam,  more spill... and thats the 300 lumen version. The 500 lumen version smokes Arisaka for spill and output.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a narrower bluer beam on the Arisaka. Its 300 lumens. The Surefire has a smoother beam,  more spill... and thats the 300 lumen version. The 500 lumen version smokes Arisaka for spill and output.
View Quote
The 500 lumen m300c has a lot of spill, but no more throw than the older 300 lumen version.

The E1T Malkoff heads put out significantly more than the listed specs since Gene is very conservative. We'll be updating the numbers once he does in the next month or so.

All three lights side by side, the E1T has the most throw, although the beam color is cooler. Personally I prefer a warmer color. I still see more spill on the E1T versus the older 300 lumen m300c as well, over several samples of each.

Everyone does these comparisons or calls it the Arisaka, but you're really comparing Malkoff against Surefire. We just make the body and tailcap. :)
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top