Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2018 3:49:48 PM EDT
I am looking for a light for my new 10.5" AR with MOE handguard.  In another thread it was suggested this might be a good place to ask.  I have several TLR-1's but not the most recent generation.  Someone also mentioned the Inforce gen 2 wml which is what I'm leaning toward.

The gun will be used for home defense if needing more than a G17 w/TLR-1 and also for a truck gun as needed.

When comparing the two I lean toward the Inforce for it's ergonomics and the lack of a rocker switch which can be unintentionally activated.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Inforce on my HD rifle for the 700L vs the 300L my previous light put out, so far I like it well enough. I got it for a good deal off IG.

Personally for the price, I'd go with an Arisaka 600 with an E2S head. Their 300 series is what I had before, and even as a "blem" model I'm unable to find any fault with it except that it's only 300L.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an Inforce on my HD rifle for the 700L vs the 300L my previous light put out, so far I like it well enough. I got it for a good deal off IG.

Personally for the price, I'd go with an Arisaka 600 with an E2S head. Their 300 series is what I had before, and even as a "blem" model I'm unable to find any fault with it except that it's only 300L.
View Quote
Not sure what IG is.  But thanks for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not sure what IG is.  But thanks for the suggestion.
View Quote
Instagram, sorry. Got a good deal for a used WMLx White/IR off there.

I'd go for inforce if you find a good deal on one, but since you can get an arisaka 600 in the same price range that's metal construction, more mounting options (both in mounts and the ability to use tape switches), and close enough lumens (750 vs 800), I can't personalky find a reason to go inforce other than finding one at a good deal, or if you need IR capabilities at which point the Inforce is notably cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the WMLx and am rather pleased with it although I recently starting noticing the battery drain issue. Brand new batteries will drain dead in about a week with no use minus a flash to ensure they work upon installation. Just emailed them so waiting to here back. It's the only light I could find of that size with white and IR
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the WMLx and am rather pleased with it although I recently starting noticing the battery drain issue. Brand new batteries will drain dead in about a week with no use minus a flash to ensure they work upon installation. Just emailed them so waiting to here back. It's the only light I could find of that size with white and IR
View Quote
Hmm....that's REALLY concerning!  However, I'm wondering if you are accidentally tripping the IR function which will drain it in a few hours?  However, from what I can see is the IR function needs to have the lever flipped to activate.  Please update us on what Inforce says!!

Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Google turned up a handful of similar problems. Inforce sent me a work order number so come Monday it'll be on the way.

I often wondered if I was tripping it with it riding in my gun lock inside my car all the time. This last 2 weeks I put in fresh batteries, flashed white to test, and let the rifle sit untouched. Get back and they were drained.

I really like this light and it's the only one I am aware for the size that is both white and ir, which I need.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]
My recommendation is to look at the Streamlight pro tac 1.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Got the inforce in the mail today and mounted it.  It's bigger/bulkier than I thought but for the role it serves and what it offers, it's fine.  Sun is still up now but after dark I'll test it out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmm....that's REALLY concerning!  However, I'm wondering if you are accidentally tripping the IR function which will drain it in a few hours?  However, from what I can see is the IR function needs to have the lever flipped to activate.  Please update us on what Inforce says!!

Thanks for sharing!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing!
Inforce sent me a brand new unit. I'm about a week or so in with the batteries. I never heard an explanation about why the lights do that. I know that my button was never activated nor accidentally flipped to ir and left on. The rifle stayed mounted vertically in my gun rack inside my car
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I went this route for my MOE handguard.

Impact Weapons Combo
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
TLR all day.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been using a WML gen 2 for 6 months. I like it a lot because it uses one CR123 and light weight. It’s on my HD AR. Don’t have drain issues with mine. Still on the original batter and I play with it a lot. It’s great for indoors, but is lacking if you head outside.

I also have 2 Streamlight TRL 1s. The TRL is brigther, but doesn’t have the spill/spread like the WML indoors. Obviously, the TRL is heavier.

Don’t have a TRL-1 HL, but between the WML and the TRL 1s they are pretty dam bright when you light them up in the middle of the night. Anything brighter and I would blind myself.

I’m thinking about getting anther WML
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top