Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:21:50 PM EDT

8 hour advertised run-time, includes a pair of generic AA alkaline cells.

The Luxeon LED has a tighter, more focused spot than is typical - It's more of a thrower than a flooder. The switch is your standard reverse clickie. Has good-quality threads, average finish quality.

Dorcy Part No. 41-4216 - Get 'em while they're still available for cheap!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the tip, I picked one up this morning. It's plenty bright for an $11/2AA light, so if it holds up in the "throw it down the driveway" tests, I'll be pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll see of our local store has them.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw the same light at Target for around $20.00. But now I am going over there now to buy one ASAP!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads-up.

Nice light for 11 bucks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
On a fresh set of Alkalines, it draws right around 400 mA, so the 8 hour advertised run-time probably isn't too far off the mark.

Interestingly, it starts up and runs just fine on a single AA cell (plus a dummy cell) - Draws around 500 mA, so there isn't really any battery-saving advantage to using it this way, but it's good to know that it's still usable on a nearly dead set of batteries.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be heading to my local big lots for this...never have enough led flashlights.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top