Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
I have been looking at the Surfire lights and darn if I am at a loss to understand the differences between them - their web site does not allow for a side-by-side comparison as I would expect.

About the only thing I see are the 900s use a throw lever type of mount and the 910s use dual thumbscrews. The As have the small reflector and the ABs use the larger 2.5" Turbohead reflector for longer range applications.

What else am I missing? Any users out there - I am looking for a unit used for home defense.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you don't seem to be getting a lot of help.  I'll give a little,,, the 900 has the release lever to attach/remove.. the 910 attaches with bolts.  I can't help with the A-B thing
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got the thumbscrew one...its really really heavy compared to other lights I looked at.  However, I LOVE it, and cant find anything I like better.

ETA: Saw your looking for a HD weapon - get it. I've got mine on my 10.5 SBR, and it handles fantasticly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
About the only thing I see are the 900s use a throw lever type of mount and the 910s use dual thumbscrews. The As have the small reflector and the ABs use the larger 2.5" Turbohead reflector for longer range applications.

That's actually a really good summary of the differences - that's pretty much all there is to it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You've already nailed down the mount differences, the dual thumbscrew mount is the stronger of the two but you should periodically check to make sure everything is tight.

Loctite is your friend.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#6]
get the Larue replacement mount.  As it has been said many times if Larue is an option go LaRue
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top