Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 8:37:57 PM EDT
I finally sold my Surefire M962C 9v weapon light and picked up One Of These custom lights from Grant at G&R Tactical. The Surefire 9v light was pretty heavy and a little overkill for my needs. I've been happy with the SF 951 but that is a little heavy also.

When I saw Grant had these for sale I had to get one. I had been eyeing the SF Scout Light, but was holding back due to its cost. This light is comparable to the SF Scout light but quite a bit cheaper and a little lighter. The WG6D runs the P60 & P61 bulbs in the Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel which gives better throw than the LED head on the Scout. It can be had with the Surefire Z61 click on/off tailcap or UE07 tape switch. Different length tapes can be used by unplugging it from the tailcap. A Vltor E Series mount is used for mounting the light to the gun. I believe it is currently the only mount for this size body. There is word Larue is coming out with a mount for the E series bodies.
The WG6D body is custom made only for G&R and the quality is very impressive. The machining is clean and the finish is flawless.
I addition to the 6v, the WG9D is a 9v version of this light.

I chose this light due to its compact size and light weight. I went with the tape switch because it allows me to hold the carbine in a comfortable way and do not have to alter my grip if I am using the light or not.
This is my ideal weapon light, and highly recommend it for an affordable alternative to the Surefire weapon lights.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks great, I'll be getting one of these very soon!

It makes a great combo with the Vltor mount!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top