Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 12:31:18 PM EDT
hey guys, could anyone reccomend a good laser for that price? Im not using night vision, so it doesn't need to be an IR.. Looking for something sowewhat practicla, but overall just for some fun. It would be going on my M4 with my SIR and comp ml2.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Insight M6 can be had for under $250, comes with light and laser. I have one on my bushy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
does it have any sort of pressuer switch to activate it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
does it have any sort of pressuer switch to activate it?

Nope just a rocker on the back, momentary on and on. Switches to laser/light/laser and light.
I think they make a remote tape switch for it but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Laser Devices Inc LAS/ TAC has both push button and pressure paddle switch models for under $250.

Take a look at G&R Tactical's website (industry partner), click on Products button and then the Laser Devices logo in the Lasers and Flashlights area.

Ref. Laser Devices website link
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an M6X with a long gun back plate and pressure switch.  Light output is 125 lumens compare to the M6 which is 90 lumens.  It is also water proof to 66 feet which the M6 is not.  I would fork out the addition $ for the M6X if you want to mount it on a rifle I suggest the model with the long gun back plate.  It comes with a pressure switch, although it is longer than most other pressure switches.  The pressure switch will not fit in the Tango Down vertical foregrip cavity but Tango down is making a new vertical foregrip for the military that will accomodate the larger pressure switch.  It will be available to the civilian market after the military gets a hold of it.  If your going to go with the Insight or Streamlight light/laser combo I highly recommend the model with the rail grabber interface.  If you grab the light on the other models that do not have the rail grabber interface you will noticed some play in bewteen the light/laser combo and the rail system. but the rail grabber system is rock solid.    
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Laser Devices Inc LAS/ TAC has both push button and pressure paddle switch models for under $250.

Take a look at G&R Tactical's website (industry partner), click on Products button and then the Laser Devices logo in the Lasers and Flashlights area.

Ref. Laser Devices website link

Huge +1.

I bought exactly the same thing from grant.  The las tac with the pressure switch.  Awesome laser... much brighter than my friends' laser pointers.

And, at night, when it gets really humid, or there is a lot of gun smoke in the air... it is like aiming a light saber.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
[quoteRef. Laser Devices website link

Huge +1.

I bought exactly the same thing from grant.  The las tac with the pressure switch.  Awesome laser... much brighter than my friends' laser pointers.

And, at night, when it gets really humid, or there is a lot of gun smoke in the air... it is like aiming a light saber.

what mount did u use on it?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]

The LDI Las/Tac's are an excellent value with very strong performance, if you need any help or have any questions let me know.

Also, you do not want to use the Vltor mount for a laser, any time you remove the laser you'll have lost zero and will have to re-sight it.

i have a a colt m4 with a sir system and a KA foward grip.....what and where would u recommend for a mount and what type of mount....also if the pressure switch is necessary.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The LDI Las/Tac's are an excellent value with very strong performance, if you need any help or have any questions let me know.

Also, you do not want to use the Vltor mount for a laser, any time you remove the laser you'll have lost zero and will have to re-sight it.

i have a a colt m4 with a sir system and a KA foward grip.....what and where would u recommend for a mount and what type of mount....also if the pressure switch is necessary.
Thanks

Assuming you have a std. FSB, you'll need to mount it off of 3, 6 or 9.  3 & 9 o'clock are easier for trajectory calculations because they're on the same level as the bore.  

A tapeswitch can be easier for activation but I'd first like to know if you're running a light setup and how it's activated?

The LDI mount is a good mount and true Picatinny spec but it's a bit tall, I prefer to use the Classic Weaver rings in low, they help keep the laser as close to bore as possible.

i am not using any light setup....just  and aimpoint ml2...do u have any pics of the mounts u r suggesting?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Below are some pics of the LDI mount and of the VLTOR Classic mount.

C4

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LD%20LAS%20TAC%20mounted.jpg

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/VLTOR%20Classic%20weaponlight%20mount.jpg

Do u have any packages for the laser and either of the mounts....i didn't see one on the site.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

C4

Do u have any packages for the laser and either of the mounts....i didn't see one on the site.
Thanks

I normally do, but am out of the LAS/TAC lasers.

C4

Ugh Oh.... looks like you might have to buy an OTAL.

Can't go wrong with one of those either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

C4

Thanks

C4

what odes that mount and laser pack usually cost?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

C4

Thanks

C4

what odes that mount and laser pack usually cost?

Kind of depends on what tailcap you get, but usually around $220.

C4

i wasl looking for the tape switch , laser and mount....do u know when they will be back in staock?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top