Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 10:50:21 PM EDT
I did a relatively quick look through of the lights and lasers forum, and didn't notice anything about the Vltor E series mounts.

Obviously, the first question is, do they hold the light well? I've read that sometimes you really have to crank down on the mount to get it told hold.

Second, how do most of the E series handle recoil? I've been looking at the Surefire X200A for a Glock, but then got to thinking about how I don't always need a $250 light on my pistol. I have a Surefire E1e sitting here that I rarely use, and then I remembered the Vltor mount. If I couple the E1e with the E series mount, I have a decent, low cost light for use if/when I need it.

Anyone have any input? Basically, will a Vltor E series mount and a Surefire E1e be okay for intermittant/light duty use on a Glock 21?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The VLTOR E-Series mount is VERY good and handles recoil just fine. I am using them for the WG series of lights: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=266512

C4

What about the light itself? I know that Surefire makes the Z32 bezel for use on the G and P series to handle the recoil. How bad is it on the E series light?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

None of the E-series lights have shock isolation. So I would say that you are taking a chance.

C4

So then, that would mean that the Vltor E series mounts are pretty much pointless wastes of money, unless you like replacing bulbs in your Surefires. Good to know.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#7]
There have been no problems with the numerous E-series and L4 lights we have mounted on 5.56 mm carbines.  Likewise, no unusual problems or bulb breakage has been noted with simple stock G2 lights mounted on 5.56 mm carbines.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top