Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:58:00 PM EDT
Anyone have experiences with either one of these on their ARs?

Using a tactical FF rail system with front flips, I would think that the inline versions would be more ideal for that application...even for side mounting.

Comments are welcome.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone have experiences with either one of these on their ARs?

Using a tactical FF rail system with front flips, I would think that the inline versions would be more ideal for that application...even for side mounting.

Comments are welcome.

I run and prefer the OTAL. Lasers that are used for aiming usually go on the 12 position. Lasers that are used for designation are on the 3 or 9 positions.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/Grant's%20M4.JPG

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LD%20OTAL%201913c.jpg

Interesting points about mounting.  Since the OTAL is an offset laser, when used for aiming, what distance are you sighting the laser in at?  I guess my mentality was for an inline laser, sighting it parrallel to the barrel and just figuring point of impact would always be X" from the laser (in a direction that would be appropriate to what side the laser was mounted on).  

I do, however, do like the OTAL.  I'll keep you in mind when it comes time to shop.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top