Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:24:24 PM EDT
Where do you guys buy your 123A batteries at and how much do they cost? So far the lowest I found is $1 a battery for a 20 pack. Just wondering where you find them cheapest does anyone on the EE sell them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, have you heard anything about the Sanyo batteries (probably not great)? I wonder why its so hard to make rechargeables for these things.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I've read on candlepowerforums.com (the equivalent of AR15.com for flashlights) that Sanyos are good batteries.  I think there's a comparison of batteries there someplace.

As for rechargeables, you can find them, but you need to be careful, as they often get up to 4.2 volts when fully charged.  The excessive voltage will blow incandescent lamps, so they're really only good for LED's.  And even then, some combinations can still be dangerous to the LED circuitry.

I'm still educating myself on the rechargeables, but that's what I've learned so far.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've read on candlepowerforums.com (the equivalent of AR15.com for flashlights) that Sanyos are good batteries.  I think there's a comparison of batteries there someplace.

As for rechargeables, you can find them, but you need to be careful, as they often get up to 4.2 volts when fully charged.  The excessive voltage will blow incandescent lamps, so they're really only good for LED's.  And even then, some combinations can still be dangerous to the LED circuitry.

I'm still educating myself on the rechargeables, but that's what I've learned so far.

Yea im not sure why it so hard to get a recharagable for these things. I saw someone talking about Pila batteries so I found them but it would cost well over $90 for a charger and two batteries. And I am not even sure if they work in the X2.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahh ok so it would be worth the extra $.25 then. The sanyos I found was $20.00 for a box of 20 and if the 60 minutes of run time holds true that would give you 10 hours of light. However if the batteries are not up to par then where is the best price for a box or 20, direct from surefire?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Gosh I don't have anything in my home that uses these type of batteries, it looks like some cameras do though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#10]
buy from surefire direct!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top