BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:19:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the M600A ScoutLight has been released some time ago.

There are several different additional options already (for example the LU60A Incandescent Lamp Module).

Al
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, we have a few my carbine will be wearing one shortly.

Be well!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there any reason you don't want to go with an L4/E2E/E2D and Vltor mount combo?  

I really like the concept of the Scout Light but after doing some research and finding out that other than the integrated mount the Scout Light is exactly the same as the E series lights I found it difficult to justify it's extra cost.

I would have thought the Scout Light would at least have a machined battery stop for the $$ it costs.

Also, any of the tailcaps, lamp heads and bezel adapters that the Scout Light has can also be used on the E series lights.

The L4/E2E/E2D and Vltor mount will get you the same thing as the Scout Light and save you a lot of $$.  

The only real advantage I can see for the Scout Light is the offset mount it can be ordered with.  Again, this may or may not be worth the extra cost depending on your needs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Cause I didn't know that?

Knowing is half the battle...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#8]
We were shown a LED based ARMS mount light from Pentagon last year.  They were actually the first to feature that light before Surefire.    http://pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.359  I think they don't boast nor market about the size of that light because their standard lights with ARMS mount are already very compact compare to Surefire's M95 and M96 series.  I think Surefire is like Microsoft boasting a new feature when Apple already had it last year.  The white light of a LED however is just not good enough for many.  So, we didn't go with that.  

Quoted:
Are these out yet? Anyone have one? I haven't seen one yet. Sounded like a reasonable compromise on weight for those of us who aren't searching caves in Afghanistan.

Does Pentagon have a more reasonably priced knock of it yet?hr
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
CoolFighter,
SureFire have had LED WeaponLights for longer than Pentagonlight [were even making lights].
I disagree totally with your comparison as well.

Al
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#11]
With a Scout Light or E2X you can swap the LED or non shock isolated bezel for a shock isolated LU60A incandescent lamp conversion kit, MSRP $78.00(uses P60 or P61 lamps).  It will give you more throw than the LED and provide peace of mind when weapon mounting an E2X.  As Grant pointed out the Scout with LED head is intended for use at close range.

If you're looking to purchase a new Scout Light the M600 Kit 01, MSRP $495.00, includes the LU60A as well as an IR filter, if you need IR capability the LU60A is required since the LED doesn't produce light in the IR spectrum.

The weight savings of the Scout over a 951 is minimal as aluminum isn't that heavy, it's the compact size that I think makes it ideal for use on a carbine.

Regards,
Alan Elam
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Well that's interesting.  I think I fell into a pretty fair deal on a Scout (with push button and tape tailcaps).  Given its application (carbine), I'll be astounded if it doesn't do the job well enough for me.  We'll see what happens?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I like mine alot. I opted to not get a few of the standard goodies that come with it. I'm running it with an incandesant lamp on the offset mount (m76 I think), with a clickie tailcap. It wasnt much more then an E2 with the vltor mount wouldve been.

Talk to Calvin he knows his stuff, and will set you up with whatever configuration you need.

Couldnt be happier.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#14]
How about the Scout Light with the pivoting mount?  I've been waiting for those
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top