Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 4:12:11 PM EDT
 Does anyone have any information on this light?  More or less has anyone used it?

www.hellfireusa.com
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
From their website.
With construction of the world's toughest materials and testing labs in the battle zones of Baghdad and south-central Los Angeles, the HellFire X-11 has the proven reliability required for lethal environments.[/]

South-central Los Angeles? WTF!! I can just see it, they have people walking the streets just waiting to bash the hell out of a would-be mugger or car jacker.  
"How many did you get tonight Fred?" "Oh I got 3, lost my light on the last one, damn thing got stuck in his forhead. Might need to shorten those spikes a little."
LOL

Smitty
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, the advertisement drivel is over the top.  I never let that get in the way, though.  Had been scrounging the internet for some opinions.  A few that have gotten their hands on them seem to say mostly favorable things about them.  The 150 peak lums is apparently an over embelishment, though.(one said it was closer too 120, another around 80-90).  The other minor negative was that the tail cap switch was a little too sensitive. It appears to be well made and a bit on the heavy side(10 ounces or so)  To mount on a rail you would need a 30mm ring.  I thought they had advertised some type of ARMS mount that would work with it. Replacements parts might be hard to come by seeing that the company is somewhat aloof.  The company "Dark-Ops" that makes the light also appears to sell knives, but from what i have been reading nobody has gotten their hands on them yet.  So as of this date "Dark-Ops" has yet to really prove anything to anyone yet.  Except that they hire male underware models to show off their kit and have very slick(can you say used car salesman?) advertising.  Time will tell i guess.  Interesting look though.  Though have never been that sure as to why companies seem to want to hang different types of blugeoning devices off of small flashlights.  Kind of seems like an oxymoron relationship.  Maybe it's just me.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have one, but I do like the looks of them.  The 'glass-breaker' bezel is interesting, to say the least.  And, I have to wonder just what kind of beam you'll get with that lens recessed so deeply.

Still, if I run across one in a store somewhere, and the price is right, I might just buy one.  They do look better than the SF lights, imnsho.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag for later and more info/pricing.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:59:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag im ordering one   i can compare it to te surefire Z3   which i loved
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
TAG
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Everybody wants to make a flashlight nowadays.  I don't buy the output claims unless it is for a short amount of time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Original post laynlow40

Everybody wants to make a flashlight nowadays. I don't buy the output claims unless it is for a short amount of time.

I hear ya.  I don't mind that alot of people have jumped into the fray, though. Nothing against new companies.  I'm glad to see competition.  As good as some of the other flashlight makers are, I still feel there is that general markup due to that fact that they may have limited competition.  If your the only game in town your can pretty much command your price.  The newer companies help keep them honest.  I'm careful not to let the add print sway my opinion one way or another until  some people can get their hands on something.  Don't know about anyone else, but i'm always interested in new gear.  In some much as claims of output, I have no doubt it's a tad...errrr...ummm..over enthusiastic.  hinking.gif  Looking forward to some reviews.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I also enjoyed the quote from the advertisement.............

With construction of the world's toughest materials and testing labs in the battle zones of Baghdad and south-central Los Angeles

Now that's battle tested!

all kidding aside, there are a lot of big claims in there, and if they can back most of them up-  it will be a terrific light and give the Surefire a run for its (big) money.

Looking forward to hearing more about them

eta at $130 retail, they will make some noise.

Not sure of the mount shown, as it looks like an ARMS lever, but has the 30mm rings.

I guess ARMS has such a mount...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's hope SF is feeling the pressure
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
As far as I am aware, you cannot get there from here....

SureFire P61 lamp assembly - 120 Lumens (we can be assured that is an accurate number) - 20 minutes of runtime – Does it maintain that lumen output for 20 minutes is another story, but let’s assume it does.

Now this thing:  150 lumens for 60 minutes....

This roughly equates to 360% more light volume out of the same set of batteries!

Tell me how that is done on a non-digitally regulated, incandescent lamp assembly &  I will be the first to hail this thing as the King….

Maybe it runs for 2 seconds at 150 lumens then drops down to a more believeable level....I doubt it though.

I think the light looks pretty cool.  Keep it real and they would have a good thing going.

I know the guy personally who wrote this ad copy….Well since I cannot say anything good, I won’t say anything specifically bad…..

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top