Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2005 9:48:54 AM EDT
Anyone have one on their AR ?

If so do you like it ?

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw this thread abandoned and thought I would chime in.

I have the CT Laser grips for my 1911.  The work well, however, keep something in mind.  Anything that is not directly in line with the bore (of any gun) means that it meets up with the bullet path via an angle.  If the laser origin is to the right of the path, it will begin and point to the right at close range, meet up perfectly with the bullet path at whatever area you set it to, and then be left of the path after that point.

This is fine for any weapon as long as you know that at X (15 yards let's say), it is perfect, at 10 yards, it's an inch and a half to the right, and at 50 yards, it's 4 inches to the left.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought that one for the AR looked cool at first.... until I realized all the of major electronics are in a handgrip that replaces the one you have. I'm pretty attached to my grips and can't see swapping them out for the Crimson Trace ones. Perhapts if they made another model based on Ergo Grips they might have a better chance of getting my money.

ETA: The VFG one is just as ugly IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought that one for the AR looked cool at first.... until I realized all the of major electronics are in a handgrip that replaces the one you have. I'm pretty attached to my grips and can't see swapping them out for the Crimson Trace ones. Perhapts if they made another model based on Ergo Grips they might have a better chance of getting my money.

ETA: The VFG one is just as ugly IMHO.

And too damned big!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello I would like more input if someone has some... on this set up for the AR15..
can a scope rail be mounted in conjunction with ?.
this unit looks nice and compact and tucked cloase to the weapon.
I found them listed at $319 delivered.

J.P.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think you can mount the laser and a mount as I believe the laser is held to the upper via the mounting hole in the A1 or A2 carry handle. According to CT the laser won't work with a removable carry handle either. I am not 100% sure on all the info I posted but THINK it is correct from what I have read when I was thinking about getting one.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top