Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 9:24:49 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the new receiver mounted unit?

I'm wondering how the unit attaches to the upper and lower.  Is there a problem with disassembling the upper and lower for cleaning?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on mine and so far so good.  The unit attaches to the upper via a locking cam that passes through the carry handle. The kit has a small metal attachment so that when attaching to the upper it indexes to the same spot every time.  It also has an on/off switch recessed at the bottom of the grip. The lower replaces the hand grip.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/CTC-AR15-Laser-1c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/LG-525-Cam.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/LG-525-knotch.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/LG-525-Switch.jpg
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the cost on one of these?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Any idea how you would mount that if you didn't have a carryhandle and wanted to use it with a flattop?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Hotrod9mm thanks very much for the reply, pics and info!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't see any way to mount that particular model without a carry handle.  All is not lost, I hear Crimson Trace is about to release a model made specifically for A3 Flat Tops.

MadDog
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I feel the need to max out a VISA....

Where did you get it and how much??

Range report PLEASE!!!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't hear anything about a flat top version.I did however see the forward grip with the laser built in. Flat top may be nice. Crimson Trace seems to make pretty good items. My department issues Sig P229's with the laser grips installed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
WHY?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WHY?

So you can focus on the target/threat instead of the front sight? So you can use the rifle with a gas mask on which wont allow propper cheek weld?  To ID an area to control a teams suppressive fire when not using NV in dark conditions?  To frustrate the neighbors cats?  Just a few I can think of...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WHY?

So you can focus on the target/threat instead of the front sight? So you can use the rifle with a gas mask on which wont allow propper cheek weld?  To ID an area to control a teams suppressive fire when not using NV in dark conditions?  To frustrate the neighbors cats?  Just a few I can think of...

Yeah, but why not mount it on a rail?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess its for people with A1 or A2 uppers with standard handguards?  How much does the thing weigh?  Perhaps a lightweight unit for ultra light A1/pencil barreld uppered AR?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:41:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Only drawback I see is you're require to use their grip. Not so good for those of us that don't like the standard A2 grip.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative. We take it all very seriously.

I also want  you all to know that these first couple rifle lasers are but the first shot across the bow. We are learning what works and what people like and you will see more in the future.
(not the future like 3 months, but soon enough)

-Z
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yeah, but why not mount it on a rail?

+1
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative. We take it all very seriously.

I also want  you all to know that these first couple rifle lasers are but the first shot across the bow. We are learning what works and what people like and you will see more in the future.
(not the future like 3 months, but soon enough)

-Z

Make a modeel that clips onto a rail and has a pressure pad like a SureFire weaponlight and your market will be bigger.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, I see units for sale on eBay for mid-300's.  

i wonder if the grip is hard like the stock grip or softer like a Hogue?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top