Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 4:11:12 AM EDT
I am currently in Iraq and I am tired of asking and waiting and not getting a tac. light for my M4.  BUT, the PX has finally started selling Sure Fires after numerous requests from many soldiers.  So here are my questions... First, is the M901A a good overall light?  After looking at it I am a little worried about how sturdy it will be.  Second, if I do decide to buy this light, is $379.99 a fair price?  This is the only light I have to choose from so opinions on other lights will not be much help to me.  I have faith in the extremly knowledgable members of this forum to assist me in this decision.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
1.  The light is excellent quality and you wil be happy with it if you know...

2.  If the unit is submerged the LEDs will illuminate very dimmly and need to be covered with thte supplied rubber boots till the unit is dry.

3.  The handle is not up to aggressive muzzle striking.  If you must perform muzzle strikes apply pressure primarilly from the rear grip and not the front grip.

4.  Your price is fair and I would certainly choose it over nothing at all or a G2 rigged up from someone at home.

I have a question though... why cant you get a family member to purchase a different Surefire and mail it to you overseas?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome light.

Great price.

Get it.

The 910 is the model to get IMHO, I like the thumbscrews over the throwlevers.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have a question though... why cant you get a family member to purchase a different Surefire and mail it to you overseas?

That may become a option depending on the feedback I get from this but lets stick to the questions at hand and I'll figure out plan B.  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

As a SF dealer, the $379 is a fair price and the M910A is a quality light. Stick with the low output bulb and buy a spare box of SF batteries!

C4

Thanks for the feedback.  Just out of curiousity, why the low output bulbs?  Do you recomend that due to battery consumption?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Awesome light.

Great price.

Get it.

The 910 is the model to get IMHO, I like the thumbscrews over the throwlevers.

+1
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to all for your input.  I did buy the M910A and slapped it on today.  I like it a lot so far.  I can't wait to blind a unsuspecting insurgent with the dominating authority of U.S. technology. have
George
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top