Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2004 4:02:32 PM EDT
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the aviator as a weapon light. It would seem to work well with either blue or red LED's and then the incandescent light. The only problem I would see would be the recoil from the .223.  
I tried a search but didn't find anything.
thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
There are two issues with using handheld torches as weaponlights: The lamp and the batteries.  The lamp bezels on SF torches are not always shock-isolated versions.  The A2 is definately not.  The weaponlights also have a "lip" machined in the front of the battery tube to prevent the batteries from battering the lamp assembly.  The hand torches do not.  Also, the weaponlights are supposed to be fed by SF's shrinkwrapped and buffered battery sticks, but SF sticks have not followed SF cells in the drop to $1.25 a cell.  

I have an A2 and while it makes a very nice two-stage light, but I wouldn't mount it to a firearm.  I do wish there were more two-stage weaponlights than the M500 and M900s, Maybe two 5mm LED's on the X200.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. Would be nice if Surefire came up with a weapon light like the A2. But then again, that would be just more money that they would get outa meh.gif
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome.

I've been ranting about the need for low-level LED's on weaponlights for a while now.  Apparently, they are only for the high-end units. :(

No problem, I use the A2 in addition to a weaponlight :)
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top