Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 1:14:29 PM EDT
A question for the Surefire gurus out there.  

Suppose we compare a 6V classic weaponlight and the new 6V M95x rail mounted light.  Is there a significant difference?  They both use the same lamp and feature full shock isolation.  It's true the new lights have built in mounting hardware, which is nice, but the classic lights are easily mounted with common scope rings.  

I'm seeing the classic weaponlights, even brand new ones, sell for alot less than a comparable M95x.  Are these a "deal" right now, or should a prospective buyer seek one of the new models?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the new ones are heavier

Seriously, in a 6v system the Classic series have a lot going for them.  The cool click on tailcap is one feature that separates the two.  If you are going to use the momentary button or a tape switch, the Classic will work just fine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not have the 'Classic' light, but I do have one of the Millenium Modular lights. One "advantage" of the new lights is their modular construction. One can swap lamp types (regular, turbo, and I think the LED ones, too) and so forth. As to quality of illumination, I spose its the same, right?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had three 6V Surefire 600 classic weapons lights(Mossy/Rem870 forends) and a M4 660 bbl mounted light.
I also have a 9V M962SU on another M4. They're both very bright and rugged.  

M962 is brighter of course, larger, heavier and are the next step in design from the 600s.

The 9V 600's are just as bright  lighter, smaller and more streamlined.

Same applies to the m95 6v vs. 600 classic 6v.

Both the Classic and M96 series will do the same job well. Just depends on whats in your wallet.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 6v classic on my aug using a surefire mount on the scope arm. What are my options to upgrade my lighting? I have the tape switch now but it is a PITA. I would love to go with a LED head unit or a 9v unit with LED.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top