Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 12:17:56 PM EDT
Does anyone have an ARMS M50(?) quick release flashlight mount?

I was told these are good solid mounts and they mount to a handguard accessory rail.

Good/Bad points of this mount?

Anyone have pics of this mount?

Does ARMS have a website where I can see this mount?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I think what you're really wanting is one of these lights,  
I have a friend who's running the M95 on his RAS equipped M4 and it's been a very functional light.

[url]http://www.surefire.com/cgi-bin/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/267/sesent/0,0[/url]  
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If the Surefire lights are what you are looking for I can recommend the M95 series. I have a 952 and really love it. The mount is very sturdy, easy on and easy off.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:24:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. Exactly what I am looking for!

Built in thrown lever mount, exactly what I was looking for.

Now I have to decide on what volt I will want, bewteen the M95 and the M96 Series.

What is the cost difference between the 6V (M95) and the 9V light (M96)?

Also, will/does the thrown lever stayed secured? Or should I opt for a thumbscrew setup?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I've done a little research(but not a whole lot yet) on the light that you want to get.  I'm thinking along the same lines as you.  I've been told that the throw lever mount is even better than the screw mount.  Do you want the tailcap switch or the pad switch?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Throw lever in this system is definetly superior to the screw mount. It's faster on and off and won't freeze up requiring a screwdriver to loosen.

If you go with the pressure pad might I suggest you hit the uppers/lowers/barrels/etc. forum and check out SMGLee's recent posting regarding the tango down grip. It's capable of accepting your pressure switch inletted into the grip's side and I believe will accomodate storage for spare batteries.

Oh, and I might add for both of you, gunshows are really a good source of Surefire items. There were several dealers at the Tulsa show this weekend, not only will they have competing prices at shows like this but you can get hands on examination with all these units prior to purchasing. That way you can half way evaluate the weight increase it will add to your system and any balancing issues.

A good example of this is I'm running an M900A verticle grip light, I've seen prices up and down on these units online, but picked mine up brand new for $400 off a dealer that had special ordered it in for a customer who never paid him or picked it up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone have pictures of the M95 or M96 Series mounted on their rifle?

Here is my question: I have an Advanced Armament accessory handguard mounting rail. On this rail I have a Dieter CQD Vertical Grip.
The M95/M96 Series flashlights/mounts appear as if they need a good amount of "rail room" for mounting. Does anyone know how long the mount is on the M95/M96? Also, how long past the mount does the light extend?

I just don't know if I will have enough room to mount a M95/M96 onto my accessory rail and also have enough room behind the flashlight's "endcap" for my vertical grip/my hand.

Any info and PICS would be greatly appreciated!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
You should have enough room. One of my friends is running the same basic set up: Surefire throw lever mount on the right side of the RAS with a KAC verticle grip underneath. We all use our vertical grips as far back as we can get them within reason. He reaches up and uses his thumb to operate the pressure pad switch.  Since you've got the Dieter grip you should have even less trouble via using a pressure switch on the built in grip recess.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I am not using a vertical grip at the moment but this is how I have my 952 mounted. With the rail that I currently have on their I doubt that I would have enough for a grip. A full lenth rail might give you enough room though.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/prometheus_22/M42.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Can I buy just the ARMS throw lever mount which comes with the M95/M95 'kit'??

If so, where can I buy it and how much will it cost?

This way I would be able to judge and see mounting location without having to spend hundreds on the kit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
What is the diameter for most Surefire lights?

I thought it was 1" but wanted to make sure.

Also, the lights which come on the M95/M96, can the flashlights be purchased invidually without the mount?

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Where can I find the absolute best/lowest prices on the Surefire M95 Series Kit with the throw lever mount?

For now, I am going to get the light without a pressure switch pad. If deemed needed later on, I will upgrade and make that purchase.

I have narrowed it down to the M95 over the M96  because my vertical grip only hold two lithiums, for the length factor(to keep things compact), and for the price.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top