Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:14:44 AM EDT
Well Im looking to mount one of these at 9 o'clock on my M4. I have a Surefire M500A on so that limits my space for mounting. I will either be mounting the laser off my Barrel or off my FS. Would you recommend an ITAL for Side mounting or would an OTAL do just fine. I am thinking of going with the OTAL if I have room to mount it on top infront of my TA31F, but not sure if there will be room. Any thoughts or opinions is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I think both of those require a rail to mount, the M500 does not have one(at least mine don't). maybe you could mount a rail, but I doubt the handguard is stable enough to hold a meaningful zero. The OTAL is designed to mount behind the front sight base (on the handguards), ITAL can go other places, but still needs a rail.

I think Laser Devices makes other lasers designed for your situation.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me clarify,

This is what I have mounted on my Barrel:

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-639.asp

I wont be mounting anything to the M500A, Since well you cant. Im just curious which would be better for this 9 oclock Mount, an ITAL or OTAL.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]

I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference when mounted on the above setup...ITAL vs. OTAL

OTAL has more applications, if you ever get rid of the M500 and get a railed handguard.

Just my thinking...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top