Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2022 10:43:36 AM EDT
Ok I'm reaching out to see if anyone can answer this question. Does anyone know what sling is used on John Brolin's DD M4A1 in the second sicario movie?

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm doing a clone of his gun that is why I'm looking for it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A bad one.

Are you sure you want a single point?

They’re unpopular for several reasons.
View Quote

No, no. Let him find out on his own, rite of passage to a life learning lesson to exactly why it's a bad idea. Especially for biological men
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok I'm reaching out to see if anyone can answer this question. Does anyone know what sling is used on John Brolin's DD M4A1 in the second sicario movie?

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Sicario#Daniel_Defense_M4A1

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/c72da6af4549488cdd57b2bb7ec03c35
View Quote
He forgot his mag. Oops.

Don't recognize the sling. Most of the ones I've seen have some kind of quick-release buckle need the hook/qd.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure what brand Josh Brolin is using.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think OP will quickly find out why single point slings fell out of favor so fast.  Slings with more than one attachment point to the gun don't flop around nearly as much.  Single point slings seemed to have two primary purposes:

1.  Make it harder for me to retrieve my rifle when it is dangling than a two point sling.
2.  Make it easier for my rifle to hit me in the nuts when I try to transition to my pistol.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Shield your nuts OP.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Does Magpul make a cup in FDE?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Since we are discussing them, there’s a place for single point slings, but not with ARs. Definitely not what Josh is using in the movie, but I use Magpul MS3 single point slings on two of my guns and find the setup exceptional. They’re on my PS90 SBR and HK SP5K pistol. Both PDWs. Perfect slings for those two weapons - shit for anything else in my collection.

GREAT movie though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since we are discussing them, there’s a place for single point slings, but not with ARs. Definitely not what Josh is using in the movie, but I use Magpul MS3 single point slings on two of my guns and find the setup exceptional. They’re on my PS90 SBR and HK SP5K pistol. Both PDWs. Perfect slings for those two weapons - shit for anything else in my collection.

GREAT movie though.
View Quote

I agree they are great for use with PDWs. PDWs are small enough to where you're not getting ball-tapped or knee-knocked if you have the sling cinched close to your body. My SP5 and Scorpion rock Blackhawk single bungees. Not as good for heavier carbines and rifles, but single points do offer freedom of movement while slung - just don't plan on running with the rifle hanging.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
looks like a magpul to me. ETA on 2nd thought maybe not?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
EDIT: Nope, Not This One, but I think the mash hook is HK.

Possibly this one @ GG&G, Tucson. AZ.  I'm sure others sell it.

At least the mash hook looks the same, but has a cover.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top