Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#6]
In...

neighbor!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for your purchase! Please let us know what you think!
View Quote
I also posted this reply in your Industry section..

I recently place an order to protect a cerakoted upper that I have. The upper is an Aero Precision M4E1 and the Deflector Brake does not allow the dust cover to open or close.

Packaging and quality are top notch, just unfortunately the product does not work with this particular upper
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I also posted this reply in your Industry section..

I recently place an order to protect a cerakoted upper that I have. The upper is an Aero Precision M4E1 and the Deflector Brake does not allow the dust cover to open or close.

Packaging and quality are top notch, just unfortunately the product does not work with this particular upper
View Quote
Can you trim it to reduce height?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can you trim it to reduce height?
View Quote
Its the textured face of the Deflector Brake that is rubbing, so I wouldnt. I think it would look like crap if I did that, not sure how it would affect its effectiveness since its compromising the depth of the pad.

I just cut a piece of rubber grip tape and put it there instead because its thin and theres no clearance issues.

I'll probably use the Deflector Brake on some other uppers instead
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We understand they are a bit expensive to be hacking up with a razor blade. There will be more products to follow in the coming months that will help but... ultimately it was designed with foam and a razor blade. You can even add a little heat with a lighter to smooth out the edges. If you mess them up real bad and run out let us know, I can send you a couple of our ugly sample colors to hack on. We are military guys and still have our integrity about us... We made this thing because we wanted it for many years ourselves. Thanks!!! You can email me at [email protected]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/443919/FB_BackgroundDec182-770758.jpg
View Quote
Fuck that, the price I paid for these with the promo was hardly anything, so you can keep your ugly samples to yourself .

Not worried about it, just wanted to inform you there are some upper conflicts. Theres some people that will bitch, moan and complain about it, so I wanted to give the heads up so you guys could be aware and let people know prior to purchasing so you dont have some shitbag bash you over it.

Appreciate the offer, but you're good to go in my book
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you had a chance to try them with a brass catcher attached? Primarily using the Caldwell catcher with top rail mount, but have other types as well.

I spend a lot of time prepping cases for accurate loads and this device would probably help reduce case dings. Using velcro on the case deflectors now and it helps a lot.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top