Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 8:43:11 AM EDT
I'm looking at a two point sling for my 16in carbine. I have a SLAP plate installed but the basic sling mounting points on my upper.

What sling would work well on my rig?

I've been reading over a number of thread but I can't really make much sense of it all. Currently I've got a basic two point nylon sling that works OK, but it's not very comfortable and I can't adjust it at all
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO pick up a Boonie Packer 2P-TQA (1.25" version) and a HK hook and mount it up.  Shouldn't cost more than $20 - $25 depending what you pay for the HK hook.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Gear Sector sling with HK hook.  Much nicer quality!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The important thing is how do you prefer to shoot your AR, do you prefer to shoot with your sling loose or snug.

If you prefer your sling to be loose the Vickers VCAS (by Blue Force Gear) two point sling is a good choice, they have a more coarse webbing material similar to older traditional USGI slings.

For a more snug sling when shooting or carrying the Gear Sector and Viking Tactics VTAC two point slings would be more compatible for that type of sling use.

For slings that have 1" wide webbing like the Gear Sector and Viking, you could get the new IWC 2 to 1 point Triglide which could convert your two point sling to a single point.

IWC 2 to 1 Point Triglide thread - link

Here's some helpful video links for Vickers and Viking Tactics slings.

Vickers Video - link

Viking Tactics Instuctional Video - link

Ref IWC site link:  www.impactweaponscomponents.com

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Ares has a new good looking sling that was picked up by a Marine unit, looks pretty slick.  Savvysniper slings are good to go, as well as Emdom gunslinger.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, thanks for the info guys. I just don't want to buy a sling that I like, but then find out either the hardware won't work or I'll have to buy a lot of adapters or what not to get it working properly. Basically, I want to buy one sling and be done with it.

Edit:

I really like that VCAS. Could I buy HK style clips and attach them to the end of the sling that will attach to my SLAP plate?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Could I buy HK style clips and attach them to the end of the sling that will attach to my SLAP plate?

The VCAS webbing are 1.25" wide so you would need a 1.25" size HK style spring snap sling hook like these for example from Brownells (sorry they're currently out of stock).

Take a look at the equipment exchange and see if there are some there.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41303/Product/HK_STYLE_SPRING_SNAP_SLING_HOOK

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Alpha-Romeo3 brings up several excellent points in regards to differences between brands and single and two point slings.  If you're hung up with whether to go the single point or two point route I would highly recommend a two point Gear Sector sling running a QD push button on the front and then run the Impact Weapons Components (IWC) 2 to 1 Point Triglide which allows you to quickly and easily convert your two point sling to a single point sling.  We tested the 2 to 1 Point Triglide and it worked flawlessly!  Personally I'm a single point sling user through and through.  But what the 2 to 1 Point Triglide offers is complete versatility!  It's extremely useful and also a very cool idea!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top