Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2011 6:25:57 PM EDT
on my Ar with traditional handguards? I also have a rail on the bottom

I don't want to buy $75 worth of gear to mount a sling...
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you get one with dual QD or something?  I mean you could do QD on the stock, and utilize the sling swivel on the fsb couldn't you?
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you get one with dual QD or something?  I mean you could do QD on the stock, and utilize the sling swivel on the fsb couldn't you?

I have a similar rifle setup, this is what I plan on doing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The push button qd will work for teh rear or you could just run it through the back of the stock similar to how you would do it on an M4 stock.  

If it were me, I would get one of the Vickers (BFG) wire loops and use it on the handguards.  It will place the sling attachment closer to the delta ring which I think is preferable.  It will also allow you to mount the sling on the side of your rifle instead of hte bottom.  When using the bottom sling loop, your rifle will try to flip when hanging in front of you and twist when shooting.
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 4:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If it were me, I would get one of the Vickers (BFG) wire loops and use it on the handguards.  It will place the sling attachment closer to the delta ring which I think is preferable.  It will also allow you to mount the sling on the side of your rifle instead of hte bottom.  When using the bottom sling loop, your rifle will try to flip when hanging in front of you and twist when shooting.

I'll look into this, I don't have the QD version

Link Posted: 1/12/2011 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
on my Ar with traditional handguards? I also have a rail on the bottom

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q478/brosuperman/102_1576.jpg

I don't want to buy $75 worth of gear to mount a sling...

A alternative is to use Blue Force UWL. You can mount it on the FSB and use a QD swivel on the rear attached to the stock. Thing is tough and won't melt.

Sweet BCM middy, wouldn't mind shooting it next time we meet
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Try mounting it Izzie Style. Takes only a few minutes and a few lengths of 550 cord.
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
ETA:  I just saw that you don't want to burn so much money on this... ok, find the front side-sling swivel / mount on the EE for $25 or less.

1) For the front, remove the current front swivel mount and install this towards the port side of your gun:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4521/Product/M_4_USGI_BARREL_MOUNT_SWIVEL

2) For the rear... buy a QD push socket mount and if you are right handed, plug it into the starboard side of your gun...
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XTSMOUSSQ00BT&name=Troy+Ind.+SS+Quick+Disconnect+Sling+Swivel&groupid=56

3) Profit!?!!!  

Would end up working something like this...

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I use a Boonie Packer front sling mount.  http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=37

At $9 shipped it's about the cheapest option out there.  Perfect for those with duty guns, quick to install.  Survived a tour in Afghanistan no problem, started to fray a bit but still functional.  They also make an M4 sling adaptor if you require it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top