Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 12:10:28 AM EDT
Has anyone modified a Magpul XTM rail cover to fit over the sling QD hole? What did you do? Pics would be great.

I'm trying to cover the front right sling QD hole but the XTM doesn't want to lock in place. It looks like the inside lip (the one that keeps it from sliding back & forth) is keeping it from locking into place.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a Dremel to shave off the part in the middle  of the panel that goes in the pictany slot (its a raised notch as compared to the rest of the inside).  You obviously have to do it to both haves of the XTM panel.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I started to do that on one panel but I wasn't sure if it was going to slide off the rail. I'll keep doing that. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine were tight enough when they snapped in that they did not move.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Did it and it sat perfectly on the rail.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I was looking up this when I stumbled upon this post.....I just ordered the same rail, and I need to get covers for it.  WIll the regular MagPul covers work(the XTs) without modifying it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top