Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:23:59 PM EDT
My BOB doesn't have any MOLLE attachments on the part that touches your back...so I was wondering if anybody had an opinion on what would be the best and most comfortable way to wear a short rifle bag with BOB.  It does have the MOLLE attachments on the backside where all the compartments are...That seems like your rifle wouldn't be as secure though since it doesn't have anything (like your back) to support it.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I would carry the rifle slung and not in the bag.  In fact I cannot imagine the scenario where I would carry both a BOB and a rifle bag.  Any scenario that dictates need of a BOB means the rifle bag (which is used for range travel or to conceal the rifle when transporting) is going to be useless.  Its just an extra weight that is unneeded IMO.

If you are insistant on just keeping the rifle in a bag Id just strap in on the back and be done with it.  I dont see why it needs so much support.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Get an Eberlestock bag.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't want to be trying to evacuate a city on foot and have an assualt rifle slung around me for everyone to see...would you?  Why would you want all the extra and most likely unneeded/unwanted attention to yourself?

The point of the post was not to suggest that bag, I already knew about that.  I already have a superior BOB than that but it does not have the case built into it. I was think a MOLLE vest with a MOLLE rifle bag and attach the bag up the middle of my back then wear the pack over the rifle case.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
On your back
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I suggest you tie or duct tape a rifle bag with rifle to your super b.o.b. between your back and pack then take a nice long hike.  Let me know how it feels.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Super BOB huh?  Thats funny...seriously though Wirebrush, you are thinking that the rifle case with the BOB over it on my back would not be comfortable either?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have thought about that too. If I can't take the car I have several shotguns and several rifles that I will need to get to the in-laws house. That is our bug out location. It is about a 10 mile hike so I guess it is a good thing that I am a hoss.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top